The Behr DeckOver settlement lawsuit is entitled Bishop, et al. v. Behr Process Corporation, et al., and claims the Behr DeckOver Resurfacer product deteriorates faster than advertised.
Behr DeckOver settlement class members contend that the Behr DeckOver resurfacer product was advertised as a high-end resurfacer with a thicker coating which would last longer and require less upkeep than other deck staining product.
Class members contend that they paid a premium for the product even though it deteriorated on consumers within months of application.
Behr denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settle in order to avoid further court cost.
Who should file a claim?
Anyone in the United States who purchased the Behr DeckOver between 9/1/12 to 6/27/18.
Proof of purchase and supporting documentation for any repairs using the Behr DeckOver resurfacer product.
Behr DeckOver Class Action Contact Points
- Mail: DeckOver Settlement c/o Angeion Group PO Box 15850 Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Toll Free: 1-877-235-9549
- Email: DeckOver@AdministratorClassAction.com
DeckOver Settlement Important Dates
- 10/15/18: Object or Exclusion Deadline
- 12/6/18: Class Action Settlements Fairness Hearing
- 2/27/19: Claim Form Deadline
The Fairness Hearing at 9:45 a.m. on December 6, 2018 at the Everett McKinley Dirksen United States Courthouse, United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 219 South Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60604.
DeckOver Settlement Highlights
- The exact amount any one class member will receive is not known at this time
- The case is under review in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and listed as case number 1:17-cv-04464
- The settlement includes a refund for the gallons of the DeckOver product used and payments for any repairs necessary
Class members who file valid claims will be represented by Joseph G. Sauder, Eric Gibbs (from the Gibbs Law Group), Daniel Herrera, and Katrina Carroll.
Behr Process Corporation has hired Mark S. Mester and Kathleen P. Lally from the law firm of LATHAM & WATKINS LLP.
Other Class Action Lawsuits