Taste of Nature Inc. is was the target of a class action lawsuit claiming they used oversized cardboard containers that contained unlawful empty space (i.e. slack).
In May of 2018 Plaintiff Dacia Trentham filed the lawsuit claiming Taste of Nature Inc. sold boxes of candy that contained too much empty space.
Taste of Nature Inc. products associated with Dacia Trentham v. Taste of Nature Inc.,?
- Cookie Dough Bites
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- Fudge Brownie Cookie Dough Bites
- Santa’s Village Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- Cookies N’ Cream Cookie Dough Bites
- Cinnamon Bun Bites
- Red Velvet Cupcake Bites
- Moon Pie Bites
- Strawberry Dream Bites
- Birthday Cake Cookie Dough Bites
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites
- Muddy Bears
- Shari Candies Cherry Sour Balls
- Despicable Me 2 Sour Gummies
- Hello Kitty Treats
Taste of Nature Inc. denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settle in order to avoid further litigation.
Who should file a claim?
Anyone in the United States who purchased one of the above named candy products between 1/1/2013 to 6/18/2018.
Candy Products Settlement Contact Points
- Mail: Trentham v. Taste of Nature c/o Heffler Claims Group, Settlement Administrator P.O. Box 59502 Philadelphia, PA 19102-9502
- Phone: 1-844-271-4788
- Email: Not Found
Proof of purchase is not needed in order to file a claim but Candy Product Settlement class members who do provide a receipt may receive up to $12.50 (class members who do not submit proof will only receive $1).
Candy Products Settlement Important Dates
- 9/28/2018: Objection/Opt Out Deadline
- 10/24/2018: Settlement Fairness Hearing
- 12/24/2018: Claim Form Deadline
Class members will be represented by David Steelman and Stephen F. Gaunt from the law firm of Steelman Gaunt & Horsefield and Naomi B. Spector from the law firm of Kamberlaw LLP.
Taste of Nature Inc. has hired Joshua Briones and E. Crystal Lopez from the law firm of Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky and Popeo PC.
Other Big Money Settlements