A $3.6 million settlement has been proposed in the class action lawsuit entitled Ferrer, et al. v. CareFirst Inc., et al., aka CareFirst Lactation Support Settlement.
CareFirst Lactation Support Settlement
Class members in the case claim that CareFirst and other companies violated the Affordable Care Act by denying benefits for breastfeeding support and lactation benefits.
Who should file a claim?
Anyone in the U.S. who were enrolled in certain healthcare plans and were not provided coverage for breastfeeding support and counseling services from Aug. 1, 2012, to Aug. 31, 2018.
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU DO NOT QUALIFY FOR A SETTLEMENT DO NOT FILE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT CLAIM.
Not only are you filing claims under penalty of perjury but you are also harming other eligible class members if you submit a fraudulent claim.
If you do not qualify for this settlement check out our list of No Proof Required Class Action Lawsuit Settlements.
Proof of purchase required?
Information may be required on specific insurance claims.
CareFirst Lactation Support Settlement Important Dates
- Jul. 8, 2019 – Claim Form Deadline
- Apr. 9, 2019 – Final Hearing
- Mar. 11, 2019 – Exclusion and Objection Deadline
Don’t Qualify for the CareFirst Lactation Support Settlement?
Check out these settlements instead:
- Au Pair Wage Suppression Settlement
- Metagenics Medical Food Settlement
- iQor Call Center Unpaid Wages Settlement
CareFirst Lactation Support Settlement Contact Points
- Mail – Ferrer, et al. v. CareFirst Inc., et al, CareFirst ACA Settlement Claims Administrator, PO Box 58116, 1500 John F Kennedy Blvd, Ste. C31, Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Phone – 1-855-441-2329
- Email – Questions@CareFirstBreastfeedingSupportClassAction.com
- Fax – N/A
Ferrer, et al. v. CareFirst Inc., et al. is listed as case number 1:16-cv-02162 and is pending in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
Class members who file valid claims will be represented by Nicholas E. Chimicles, Kimberly Donaldson Smith, and Stephanie E. Saunders from the law firm Chimicles Schwartz Kriner & Donaldson Smith LLP.
CareFirst and other companies will be represented by Patrick de Gravelles from the law firm of CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield, Litigation General Counsel.